buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Plums, plums, and more plums....

I went back out this morning to pick more sand plums. The weather has changed drastically since we started doing this, and the mornings have started out much cooler - almost *gasp* pleasant (other than the sun being in my eyes).

Anyway, I had a little over 2 hours out there, and I was amazed at what I found. I went to the part where The Dude and I had already picked, not sure that there would be much fruit to be found.

I was wrong. So wonderfully wrong.






There is still a TON of it out there. So much more than I ever could have imagined - I have no idea where all of this fruit is coming from, considering how dry it has been in this area this summer. But I'm not going to complain - I will keep going out there and keep picking and keep making jelly until I just can't do it anymore.

Today's haul:

49 pounds!

I'm going to try to go back out tomorrow while Daniel is in school, but it's going to depend on the other eleventy bajillion things that I have to do as well. I'm going to watch a friend's daughters while she goes on a job interview, pay bills, go to the grocery store, work on another friend's laundry who had a house fire yesterday, and prepare for the older 3 kids to come back home after school and volleyball practice, along with my usual laundry and cleaning and stuff that has to be done every day.

So yeah. It's going to be chaos. Imagine that.

10 comments:

  1. You weren't wrong, or even wonderfully wrong...you were just plum wrong. ;)
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, even I found that chuckle-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did. I laughed a lot! And those plums look plum dandy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its enough to make you Plum Crazy. You have been at it for weeks, but its a plum job for you.

    But you can market and sell these jars with great exhuberance and aplomb. (Or a-plum) ;)

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.