buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's finally here!

Yes, it is!

Tomorrow is the first day of school!

Well, it is for Alex and Daniel. The older 3 don't start until Monday...more of the joys of having kids in two different districts. *sigh*

The Dude and I took Alex and Daniel to the Open House at their school tonight so that we could meet their teachers, drop off their school supplies, and see their rooms. We took all of their supplies in their backpacks, so they got to unload everything to leave at their desks. Daniel was terribly shy and wouldn't talk to his teacher at first, but then he warmed up and said that he was excited to go to kindergarten!

Alex of course, marched in like he owned the place. He immediately scoped out all of the nametags on the desks to see how many of his friends were in his class, and was apparently satisfied with the results. He was more than thrilled to see that his classroom is practically next door to Daniel's, and he assured Daniel that he would help him around through the school, just like a good big brother.

We got a chance to visit with both teachers, and I think that they are all going to do just fine. Daniel was happy to run into his best friend from preschool while we were there, and although they aren't in the same classroom, they'll get to see each other at recess and other times during the day. Plus, he got invited to his friend's birthday party this weekend - so he's absolutely ecstatic about that!

So while I see posts from other moms who are sad to see their kids going back to school, I couldn't be happier. It's not that I don't love my kids - I do. It's not that I'm not going to miss them - I will. But to see the excitement on their faces as they walked into their school and saw their friends and saw their teachers and saw their desks and their chairs and everything - THAT is what makes me happy to see them go back to school. They can't wait to get there, and I know that they are going to love it and they are going to grow and mature just a little bit more every day.

And yeah, I'm going to have some kid-free time. And I'm going to enjoy it.

6 comments:

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.