buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

This day...

This day...well, this day can just suck it. Seriously.

It's not even that it was necessarily a horrible day. It wasn't horrible.

Really, I only woke up to 3 wet beds. Not bad in the grand scheme of things, but of course one of those wet beds wasn't protected by a plastic sheet, and therefore the mattress had to be scrubbed and then drug outside to dry (which of course took about 3.2 seconds in this heat).

So I decided to strip all 6 beds and wash all of the bedding. Needless to say my washer and dryer were going all. day. long.

And there was the usual cleaning and cooking and all of that stuff.

And who could forget walking into the kitchen (barefoot, of course) and stepping into a puddle of orange kool-aid? Of course, the kitchen floor was then mopped. With bleach. Lots of bleach.

I don't think I mentioned stepping into something wet in the girls' room - so that spot got shampooed.

Later, we got loaded up to take The Dude to work. After we dropped him off, we headed into Wichita to run a couple of errands.

Call me crazy, but after The Great Flying Boulder Incident, I'm still paranoid to follow a dump truck. I didn't stay behind him for long.

The first place we went was to pick up my race packet for Saturday. I'm doing another 5K, but I haven't said much about it because it's really kind of snuck up on me. It's a Glow Run, and it's at night, and it looks like it's going to be a ton of fun. I'm doing it with a team, and I can't wait to see all of them and actually meet some most of them face-to-face for the first time! I have done NOTHING to prepare for this one - I haven't had any real alone-time this summer to go out and run, so I'm not even worried about my time at this point. I just want to get out there, do it, have fun, and consider it a jump start to get me going again. Once the kids are back in school, I will be running - for real - regularly.

After we got home from all of the running around in Wichita, I headed back into the laundry room (imagine that) to flip laundry into the dryer. And I hit the button to start it. And the button fell off, and the mechanism to actually start it fell back into the guts of the dryer. Again. I didn't have time to mess with it then because we had to go and pick The Dude up from work - so after we did that, I got behind the dryer and took the back off of the top part of it and got to work putting it back together again.

I might have gotten a minor electrical zap a time or two before I was smart enough to unplug it, but I got the switch put back where it belonged, taped it in place (should have used superglue) and put it all back together - and now it's running again. I really hate this washer and dryer set, but as long as it keeps working, I'm not going to complain about it too much. Once we get the van fixed, I might start saving my pennies for that.

But then again, as long as it's running, I shouldn't complain.

So like I said, it hasn't necessarily been a bad day. It's just been a crazy day. I feel like I've been running non-stop (ha) but yet I still haven't gotten anything done. And at this point in time, I think I'm ok with that. I think I might just sit here on my butt and do nothing for a while, before I finally crash.

Right after I flip laundry. And fold the load that's in the dryer. And unload the dishwasher. And wash the dirty dishes that are in the sink. And make my tutu for the race on Saturday.

Crap. I'm not going to bed for a few more hours yet.




~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Transmission Fund update: $988.82 raised, out of the needed $2495.21 (40% of the way there).
If you want to help, you can click here.

3 comments:

  1. HOLY POOP! THAT IS A CRAZY DAY.

    I think I just would have crawled in a ball in front of the dryer when the button FELL INSIDE OF IT!

    OH jEez.!

    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    I wish nothing but the best for you.
    I know that you'll get what you need for the van.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER WOMEN OF THE YEAR.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy!
    What?!...you haven't done any running around???...I suggest you read this post again!!!
    :-)
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.