Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

More of the usual chaos

It was just another typical day.

But the good thing about being up before the sun is that I actually get to watch the sun rise. Granted, it's generally rising in my face as I'm driving, but it was still pretty this morning.

I got the kids off to school, and came back home and actually crawled back into bed for a couple of hours - something that I never do - and it was heavenly!

After I picked Daniel up from school, we hung out with The Dude for a bit. Things got a little goofy, as usual. Gotta' love those toys that come in kids' meals from fast food restaurants.

We then got to go to Sarah's first volleyball game of the season.

Wow. I don't know that I have ever been as proud of this kid as I am now. She really looked good out there tonight.

She's got an awesome serve and she was really just downright amazing out there. Her team won both of their games, and she played almost the entire time. The coach only pulled her out a couple of times for just a few minutes each time. For as much as she loves to play basketball, I think she might have found "her" sport this time.

I had to leave immediately after her games to take The Dude to work (he was at the games with us) and then I came back in time to watch the last couple of games, and then went to the other school to get Emily from volleyball practice. Things got a little more chaotic and Sarah opted to stay with Ex1 tonight, so the other 4 kids and I came back to town, picked The Dude up from work and took him home, and then came home.

And then I was told that I needed to make brownies for Emily's class tomorrow.

Yay. Late night baking.

And of course the house is a mess and I have a ton of things to do tomorrow (what a surprise).....

Oh, and the van update: I talked to the guy today, and he *thought* that he could have it done tonight. He took it to his brother's shop about 30 miles from here because his brother has a lift and he doesn't - so he's been going down there in the evenings to work on it after he closes his shop. He was supposed to call me tonight to let me know if he got it done or not, but I haven't heard from him yet, but I'm not going to worry about it. I'm going to stop by there in the morning with the rest of his money....

...and if it's done, great. If it's not done, it'll be done by Tuesday (silly holiday) so I'll get it then. As much as I would love to have it tomorrow, it's been almost 2 months already - another couple of days isn't going to kill me.

At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.