buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

County Fair

Waiting for the parade to start. Alex was with his father.

It's starting! It's starting!

He likes the police cars and the fire trucks - the loud sirens and air horns? Not so much.

There were demolition derby cars....

....a couple of tractors....and a few other things. But the entire parade was over in about 25 minutes.

So then we went to the fairgrounds. We saw cows...

...and more cows....

...and some really beautiful cows.

There were goats...

...and more goats...

...and sleepy goats snuggling with each other.

For the first time in over a month, it looked like it could rain.

Daniel flew an airplane.

The big kids got to ride a big ride.

Daniel got to drive a train.

The older 3 rode another big one....until Jared freaked and the ride operator had to stop it so that he could get off of it.

The Goof Dude and I rode the ferris wheel together.

The sky opened up and it poured down rain while we were on it (but I hid my phone while that happened).

There was a great view from the top.

We were having fun acting like a couple of goofy kids.

And then he noticed the duct tape holding the ride together.

After the storm, there was a rainbow (symbolic, huh?)...

...and a gorgeous sunset.


Finally, my favorite picture of the day. We ran into a friend while we were there, and she shot this one of us on the ferris wheel and then posted it on my facebook wall. I love this picture. I love this guy. There aren't many people in this world who can make me smile like this, and I swear that what we have just gets better every day.

In the grand scheme of things, we haven't been together all that long, but we've been through some pretty rough stuff. He has seen me at my best and at my worst - and yet he keeps coming back. This past month or so without my van has been trying, to say the least, but we just keep plugging along, working it out, dealing with the problems as they arise.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to keep him around for a while.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you've been following the saga about my dead van and you want to make a contribution to the Transmission Fund to get it fixed, you can click HERE to do that. And if you don't, that's ok.

If you want to badmouth me for asking for help, get in line. Or better yet, shoot me a message so that we can talk about it and so that you can make a better suggestion about what I should do now.

Thanks to some very generous contributions, the fund is now up to $853.21, which is about 34% of what we need to repair it - so we are officially a third of the way there! The Dude and I are continuing to chug along to scrounge up as much money as we can so that we can continue to add to it - he wants his van back almost as much as I want mine. Having one vehicle between two houses can be stressful, to say the least.

But we'll get through it.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day! LOVE the picture of you two...yes, this too shall pass...and praying it passes quickly for you!
    Those smiles will go a LONG way to getting you through a LOT!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mare! We had a great time - even with the rain!

      Delete
  2. SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE ABOUT THE DUDE. WHEN I SEE HIM INTERACT WITH THE KIDS IT GIVES ME GOD BUMPS.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. The generosity of people never ceases to amaze me. <3 That's fantastic honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first picture of the two of you, whether goofy or not, is awesome!!! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like to be goofy! I don't know that we have any "serious" pictures of us, other than from the wedding in January. We might have to work on that.

      More pictures. Not a wedding.

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.