buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Another first...

So today was the first day of school for the older 3...

6th, 3rd, and 7th grades

It's really kind of scary to think about how old my kids are getting. I can't believe that I have a 7th grader already - it's really just unreal to me.

The whole gang

I got the stupid timeline on my personal facebook tonight (it sucks) and I took the opportunity to go back and look at some of the old pictures that I've posted of the kids on there (which I could have done just as easily even easier without timeline) and I can't believe how much they've changed over the past few years. They're really growing up so quickly.

May 2010 - what a difference a couple of years makes

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, on an extremely happy note - some of you might have seen this on my facebook page earlier today. To make a long story short, Daniel and I stopped in at a garage that we keep walking past on the way to and from school - for whatever reason, it never dawned on me to stop there and ask how much they would charge for a new transmission for the van. Anyway, they can put in a used one (with a one year/unlimited miles warranty) for $1500.00! Here, I've been trying to come up with $2495.21 based on the other quote that I had. So, needless to say, I'm going to be taking the van there.

Thanks to the ChipIn, donations that have been made directly to me, and the money that I've been able to put aside, I currently have $1096.65, or what is now 73% of what I need to get my van fixed! And with any luck, I'll be able to put my hands on the remaining amount on Wednesday (or pretty close to it, anyway).

With any luck, I'll have my van back (and I'll be able to give The Dude's back to him) within the next couple of weeks! Woot!

12 comments:

  1. Just glad the big red brick of a hoopty served you well... or as well as a hoopty can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just so thankful that we had something to drive, and I can't wait to give the hoopty back to you so that you have your own wheels again! Love you!

      Delete
  2. YAY! I'm so glad to hear your van will be fixed a lot cheaper than originally thought! That's fantastic!

    It's funny how you see your kids every day but you never really realize how big they're getting until you go back through old pictures. Makes me wish I had started taking pictures of my kids every day so I could do a time-lapse video of their age progression.

    Also,Kerry, the Cowboys suck. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time lapse thing would be fun - I sort of do my own version of it, since every time we do a TMOART I put them on the Nittany Lion Shrine in the same order - it's so fun to go back and look at those pictures.

      And yes, yes they do.

      Delete
  3. You wanna bring that here? Please, tell me more about 1985, bears fan... *runs from the room to avoid the NSM scolding that might follow*

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW! That's amazing I am so happy you have most of the money. I know the rest is coming!

    I wish great things for you and your family.

    **HUGS**

    **cough Cough** Cowboys do suck *cough cough* bears too **cough Cough** GO GIANTS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giants? Really? Pfft. I'll go with Kerry and the Cowboys before the Giants! .. Even though the Cowboys suck.... ;) And as far as the Bucks go.. uhm.. no. just.. no.

    *Sorry to steal your comments NSM!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh* I know I'm going to have to separate you two....

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.