buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Some of your questions....

I was kind of stumped as to what to write about tonight so I posted a question on my facebook page to see if anyone on there had anything specific for me....

And no, Ryan, I do not know why pudding is so awesome. I think it just has to do with the awesomeness that is pudding - it really just can't be beat. Unless it's lumpy. Or pistachio.

Cecile - we will be chatting about our specific plans, but yes, I do believe that they are going to happen! ;)

But for the serious questions....

Someone who is fairly new to my blog asked me to tell something about each of my kids, so here goes...

Sarah is my oldest. She is 12 years old and is going into 7th grade this fall - a fact that I still can not comprehend. She is now officially wearing shoes that are bigger than mine (wait, what?) and I can already tell that she's going to be taller than I am - not that that will be difficult to accomplish. She is the athletic one of the bunch, and is a talented basketball player, but she is easily frustrated and isn't sure that she wants to continue, although she's been playing for 3 or 4 years already. She also plays the flute, but is considering switching to a different instrument. She is doing great in school, but sometimes her frustration gets the best of her - but she's learning to control that.





Emily is 10 (11 next month) and is going into 6th grade in the fall. She is the resident brainiac, getting almost all straight As for the entire time that she's been in school (I think there might have been one B in there a year or two ago). She also plays basketball and loves it, although I don't know if she'll stick with it or not. I've always imagined her to be the dancer or gymnast of the bunch, but we'll see what she decides to do. She is also in band and is playing the clarinet, and seems pretty happy with that choice. If her nose isn't in a book, she's outside playing.




Jared is the youngest of "the older 3" - the kids from my first marriage. He just turned 8 and is going into the 3rd grade this fall. He is still trying to figure out exactly where he fits age-wise...he's the youngest of the older 3 and the only boy when he is at his father's house, but when he's here he is the middle child and the oldest boy. And although he is older than Alex, he is smaller. He's a smart kid with a heart of gold, but he is really turning out to be a little instigator and has really figured out how to get himself into trouble a bit more lately. He also loves to read, but when he is outside, he is all boy. He wants to play basketball too, but I'm hoping that he'll grow another 6 inches (minimum) before he does that!

Alex. Oh boy, what can I say about Alex? He is 6 1/2 years old and will be in first grade this year. He is a product of what I call my "Post-Divorce Rebellious Phase" - his father and I weren't married, and in all actuality only dated for a short time. But, anyway.....Alex is definitely all boy. He is loud and boisterous and active and hyper and funny and smart and loving and frustrating - he definitely keeps me on my toes. He does great in school and his teachers have loved him, but he does have a tendency to be a bit more impulsive than he needs to be, and that sometimes gets him in trouble. His father is somewhat involved in his life, and has become more involved again lately after a 3 month period of no contact. His father and I get along just fine - for the most part. And I'll just leave it at that for now.

And then there is Daniel, my youngest. He just turned 5 a few days ago, and is very proud to tell anyone who will listen that he will be in kindergarten in August. Daniel's father was my second husband - if you look back, you can find quite a few posts about that situation in this blog. His father and I separated in May 2009, our divorce was final in January 2011, and he passed away in February 2011. Daniel is an amazing kid, considering the circumstances surrounding his birth - he's funny and smart and loves to be outside - actually, he loves to do just about anything. Because he's been with me basically 24/7 since he's been born, he loves to just hang out with me. He helps me clean or runs errands with me, but his favorite thing by far at this point is to hang out with The Dude. It's been really fun to see their relationship grow and to see the bond that has developed between them.

So anyway, there's something about each of the kids. I had one more question that I was going to answer, but I might save that one for another day - I hear the wind picking up and the radar is getting more colorful around our area, so I want to get this posted so that I can watch the storms and see what's going to happen!

4 comments:

  1. It's fun to see them "growing" up...it's amazing what has happened with them in just the last year or so that I have followed your blog...
    Thanks for sharing!!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMY, NO QUESTIONS. YOU ALREADY KNOW I LOVE YOU AND YOUR WONDERFUL FAMILY. IT'S FUNNY HOW YOU CAN LOVEPEOPLE YOU DON'T EVEN REALLY KNOW EVEN THE DUDE.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.