buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Busy-ness

Just another day.

Of course, I tackled multiple loads of laundry, some of which still needs to be folded and put away. And cleaned the kitchen (before trashing it again to make supper). And straightened up the house (not that you can tell now).

Got some yard work done - I'm still picking up branches from when the landlord cut all the dead stuff down a couple of weeks ago. But it's all pretty much raked up so that I can mow tomorrow (maybe) and get it all piled out front for the trash guys to pick up next week.

I also finally fixed my crooked mailbox - something that I've been meaning to do for over a year and a half now. And I peeled off the already-peeling numbers that were barely even readable anymore.





Then I made supper - ok, The Dude came over and helped with that while I jumped in the shower. And then we all jumped in the van and took off for Sarah's basketball game.


My 4 favorite guys in the world!






Boo.


It definitely wasn't the best game that our girls ever played, but in their defense, the other team was bigger (both in size and in numbers) and was way more aggressive - to the point of some very unsportsmanlike conduct from both the players and the coaches. Sarah tried, but she hurt her foot early in the game and she let her frustration get the best of her. She got back out and played some more, but she struggled.

After the game, we came home and The Dude took the other kids out back and threw the football around for a while so that Sarah and I could talk. She's discouraged about playing basketball anymore and would rather play volleyball - so we'll see what happens with that.

Finally, it was bedtime. The boys went to bed and then I heard a yell....apparently there was some unsportsmanlike conduct going on in their room, and Alex's head met a windowsill.



After an ice pack and a bandaid, he was good to go back to bed - plus the other 2 boys were already asleep, so that helped.

Tomorrow, I have to try to get the grass mowed. Then one of Sarah's friends is coming over at noon and I am going to take all 6 kids to the lake (glutton for punishment? yep, that's me) for a while, and maybe to the library if they don't kill each other. Her friend is spending the night tomorrow, so it's going to be yet another long, busy day.

And in between all of that, I'm still working on the itinerary for TMOART:12 and just trying not to let the pre-vacation jitters get to me too much. It just dawned on me that we're supposed to leave in about 2 weeks and we still don't even know for sure where we're going first! Ha!

And don't forget to check out the auction on my facebook page - it ends at noon on Friday, so if you're going to bid (or buy) you'd better do it soon! Every penny raised will go toward the trip - and of course there will be pictures to show for it along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.