But, my friend Heather over at My Husband Ate All My Ice Cream did it, and she tagged me, so I'm going to do it. Just because.
1. Where were you born? Maryland
2. Were you named after someone? I don't know where my first name came from, but my middle name was my grandmother's. Although I loved Gramma dearly and miss her every day, I
3. How many children do you have? 5
4. How many pets do you have? None. And it will stay that way for as long as possible.
5. Your worst injury? That's a toss-up. In college I wrecked my bike while trying to avoid a car that had pulled out in front of me on my way to class, and I put the lens of my glasses up through my eyebrow and got some pretty significant facial injuries. Got to ride in an ambulance and everything and came home with all sorts of stitches sticking out of my face.
There was also the hip replacement but that wasn't really an injury.
6. Do you have a special talent? I think that's pretty subjective. I do a lot of sewing. And I can cook and bake stuff. And clean. Oh, and I can roll my tongue too.
7. Favorite thing to bake? Brownies. People say that they're pretty good. And they don't come out of a box.
8. Favorite Fast Food? Ugh. Too much of it. My favorite is probably Arby's though.
9. Would you bungee jump? You know, I probably would. I don't mind heights at all so that part doesn't bother me. But I don't think that I could handle the going-upside-down-thing (partially because I don't think that it would be good to be tethered by my ankles with the whole prosthetic-hip-thing). If I could do it where I jumped feet first and stayed upright-ish, I think it would be pretty cool.
10. What is the first thing you notice about people? If they are positive or negative people. Having been in such a dark place myself for so long, I try to make a conscious effort to be around as many positive people as I can.
11. When was the last time you cried? Yesterday.
12. Any current worries? So many that I can't even begin to name them. Most of them are pretty mundane, but a few of them are pretty big.
13. Name 3 drinks you drink regularly. Diet Pepsi, coffee, and attempting to drink more water. Ick.
14. What’s your favorite book? Uhhhhhhhh.........
15. Would you like to be a pirate? Not really. I love the water, I love the beach....but the whole being-on-a-boat-thing? Not so much. Might have something to do with not being able to swim.
16. Favorite Smells? The combination of Murphy's Oil Soap, leather, and horse. Or vanilla.
17. Why do you blog? Because my friend over at High Heeled Country told me to a couple of years ago. So I did. And surprise - it turned out to be really fun.
18. What song do you want played at your funeral? Probably "Only the Good Die Young" and "My Life" by Billy Joel.
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I'm a nail-biter, big time. I actually tend to be really disorganized most of the time. I have a hard time following through with plans that I make. But I'm getting better at all three of those.
20. Favorite hobby? Crafty stuff. Running.
21. Name something that you have done that you never thought you would do? Have 5 kids with 3 different fathers. Not quite the life that I had planned (there goes that follow through again). Oh, and I didn't really plan those pesky divorces either.
22. What do you look for in a friend? Someone who doesn't take life so seriously and can be as goofy as I can be.
23. Favorite fun things to do? Anything outside, especially the lake with the kids in the summer. Snuggling up with The Dude to watch movies either with the kids or after they're asleep.
24. Pet peeves? Any repetitive noise - ticking, water dripping, snoring, DVD stuck on the menu screen, etc. Stupid drivers. Vehicles with attitudes.
25. What’s the last thing that made you laugh? The boys messing around in the living room.
Now that I have that part out of the way, I'm supposed to list 8 more bloggers to torture with this. But I'm not going to do that. Instead, if you have a favorite blogger - ask him/her to do it. And if they do, post a link in the comments here and then everyone else can check them out too.