buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, March 25, 2013

A *cough* few years ago...

I went on a quest to find my middle school yearbooks today.

That's right. Middle school. The only reason I even remembered that those yearbooks existed was because someone from back home is looking for a picture of a mural that used to be in the lobby of the school, and we thought that maybe there was a picture of it in a yearbook somewhere.

So I went digging, and I found two of them. One of them was from the 1981-82 school year, and one was from 1982-83. And yes, I totally realize that probably half of you people reading this were not even born yet. So shut up.

But if you do the math, you'll realize that I was in the 5th and 6th grades during those years.

I searched through page by page, looking for a shot of the mural, but it wasn't in there. Then I looked for my pictures. And because I have no shame, I now present them to you, in all of their glory...

5th grade
6th grade, and my first pair of glasses.
Wonder Woman glasses. Because I was cool.
Or something.
And now I will go hide the yearbooks on the bookcase in the hopes that my kids will never find them and attempt to use the pictures against me. And even if they do, I already beat them to the punch.

Now, if I can just find the one of me in the Strawberry Shortcake pajamas.....

4 comments:

  1. I see Emily in the top picture, and Sarah in the bottom. Big time. But don't tell them I said that. I hope to still be considered your "cool" friend. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mural was painted over with a horrible melon color the summer before my 5th grade year so it won't be in any pictures from your yearbooks. I do remember it scared me though because it was basically the history of the world and there was a picture of the devil in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally see Emily in the top picture!

    It's cool to find old pictures of you.
    I wish I had a couple I could show my son...
    See... Mama was a KID once too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that too. I totally see Emily in the top pic!!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.