buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Just a day...

We didn't do anything amazing today, and I was totally ok with that. After the running and craziness and chaos of the past few days, it was nice to relax. Daniel actually let me sleep in a bit (actually more than I had planned on doing) and that was wonderful!

Once we finally got up and got motivated, we started puttering around the house. I was wandering around thinking about how much I really wanted something sweet to eat, but didn't feel like making anything (and felt that eating sugar straight out of the canister probably wasn't a good idea) and then he looked at me and announced that he wanted to go to our favorite frozen yogurt place.

*light bulb*

"Tell you what, kid. Pick up all of these toys in the living room while I get a shower, and we'll go and get some froyo - just me and you."

That was all that he needed to hear. By the time I got out of the shower, 95% of the stuff in the living room had been put away semi-neatly, so I finished getting ready and we took off to the other side of town.

He loves his froyo.
An added bonus was the close proximity to where The Dude works - so we got to stop in and say hi to him for a few minutes. We haven't been able to spend as much time together as we'd like because of both of our schedules, so even a couple of minutes here and there is better than nothing.

After we got home, he started pacing back and forth, anxiously awaiting the time when Alex was to come back from his father's house. He stared out the window for a while like a little puppy, and finally gave up and took a break........



........and promptly fell asleep while still about half standing.

I've been working on my sewing project off and on for most of the day - getting dangerously close to getting this row done soon so that I can get it mailed out to the next person. It *technically* doesn't have to be done until the end of March so I feel good being ahead of the game for a change!

Here are a couple of the blocks so far....



Kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but it's actually the same fabric in both - just different lighting. So the blocks are actually the same color. Anyway, I have to get this row done so that I can start on a really really cool really big project - but that project is a total secret. For now. But you'll see it. Eventually.

2 comments:

  1. Daniel can sleep anywhere. Blocks are beautiful that is something i never learned to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THAT CHILD. HE ADDS JOY TO WHAT WOULD BE A DULL DAY FOR ME. QUESTION. WHO GETS THE QUILT WHEN IT'S PUT TOGETHER?

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.