buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, February 25, 2013

2013 Snowpocalypse v2.0

On Thursday and Friday, we got some snow. It really wasn't that bad but schools were cancelled for both days.

Over the weekend, the weather cleared up quite a bit - apparently so that we could prepare for the hugely anticipated Snowpocalypse v2.0. This storm was supposed to be much, much worse than the first one. Horrible. The end of the world kind of a storm.

School was cancelled for today in anticipation of it but it didn't really start getting bad out until about 3:00 - when they would have been getting out of school anyway. But, whatever. The boys and I went out and ran some errands and took care of a few things and did what we needed to do, then we came back home to hang out for a bit. The Dude stopped by for a few minutes after he went to the dentist, and then he went home to do what he needed to do. Pretty much a normal day.

1:15pm - out running errands.
1:15pm

3:00pm

9:20pm. It is still coming down though.


9:20pm. Kind of cool with the lighting from
the city
 
9:20pm - looking up through my front trees

Hey, those boots look familiar!
But yeah. It's cold. And it is windy. I guess the fear now is that it's going to drift, but it's so heavy and so wet that I don't think that drifting is going to be a huge issue. School is already closed for tomorrow (hello, 6 day weekend) and so we'll just continue on our merry little way.

Maybe we'll go to the grocery store tomorrow, just to get out of the house. Everyone else already went to prepare for the storm, so I'll just go during the storm and enjoy having the aisles to myself.

8 comments:

  1. We have drifts behind my car, and near a tree. Haven't looked out back really but I know the door barely opens. I just took the babies out to potty and we can't see to the end of the block and we're half way there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics & I am so JEALOUS. I want snow

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's all the snow it takes to close the school? If it was the same way where I come from, the school would be closed from November until March.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They've been really paranoid about the snow up here too...
    It's so hard to predict whether or not it's going to be kinda bad, not bad, or HOLY$#!T!

    But, a 6 day weekend.. is kind of crazy.. Cabin Fever setting in yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got woke up at 4:30 by the school calling to cancel. We got a little bit of snow and some rain. I was really hoping for more. I know it sounds horrible, but we need that moisture this summer. I'm about 4 hours East of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LAUGHING OUT LOUD, THEY CALL THAT A SNOW STORM. COME ON FOLK THAT'S NOT ENOUGH TO FILL A GLASS. WHEN IT GETS TO 5 FEET THEN THAT'S A STORM. THE KIDS SHOULD BE OUT THERE MAKING SNOW ANGELS AND SNOW FORTS. ALSO COMING INTO THE HOUSE FOR DRY GLOVES TO START ALL OVER AGAIN. I WISH I WAS THERE TO PLAY OUTSIDE WITH THEM. I'D EVEN BRIND MY DAUGHTERS 50 YEAR OLD SLED. WE'D FIND THE BIG HILL AND CLIMB IT ALL DAY. THE KIDS WOULD SLEEP LIKE BABIES TONIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BRING NOT BRIND OLD AGE SLIP ON THE FINGER AGAIN. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.