buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, February 18, 2013

A bonding day

I mentioned the other day that things have been a little stressful around here lately. Today we had the opportunity to do something a little bit different, and so Sarah and I spent the day together. Just us. No one else.

And so we did. We "got rid of" the other kids and she and I took off on a little road trip. We didn't do anything crazy and exciting, but we just spent time together. And we had fun.

We were goofy and silly and did a few things that would have totally embarrassed the other kids if they were around - but they weren't, so we didn't care. And then we went out to lunch together, and then I took her back and dropped her off with her stepmother and got the boys from school (yes, they had school today) and did everything else that we needed to do.


Honestly though, I feel so much more relaxed now. Just taking a day off to go and have fun with ONE of my kids was wonderful. It was so nice to be able to have a real conversation with her without being interrupted or constantly having one eye watching everything else that goes on around us all of the time.

Now the trick will be to find the time to do this on a regular basis with all of the kids, one at a time. It's not so hard with the younger two just because of the way that the custody schedule works - but it's trickier with the older three. But I know how important it is for all of the kids to get their 'alone time' and I have to make more of an effort to make it happen.

However, I think it might just be the key to our sanity.

5 comments:

  1. She is looking more and more like you the older she gets. <3 Glad you guys had a good day today. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the two of you had an awesome time. These are the days she will remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is deffly your mini-me.

    Just as pretty as her mama!

    I'm glad you two got to go out together one on one.

    Sanity is important... the brief moments I have of it... well, is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! I agree, these days of one-on-one will be so special to them and they WILL remember them. You are so smart! :-)
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT'S THE BEST MEDICINE A MOM COULD TAKE. A ONE ON ONE WITH YOUR CHILD.STRESS FREE DAY. GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.