buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

70 days

I need to get my butt in gear. Literally.


I have 70 days to prepare to do my next half-marathon.

I did the first one in 3:13:32 on May 1, 2011.

I did the second one in 3:12:05 on April 29, 2012 in the pouring rain.

My third one is on May 5, 2013.

I have the same 3 goals as last year:

  • finish upright, and not in a body bag,
  • beat my time from last year, and
  • finish in under 3 hours.
I only improved my time last year by 27 seconds. I'd like to shave that 12:05 off this time and do it in under 3 hours, but I have to get moving. Seriously. I don't know why I've been putting it off for so long.

I've actually been using every excuse in the book. I'm too busy to go out and run. It's too cold. It's too hot. It's raining. It's snowing. My sneakers have a hole in them. 

I'm done with the excuses. I have no choice in the matter. Granted, the boys will be home from school again tomorrow so that will make it impossible to get out there (not to mention the now 7-10" of white stuff that is supposed to fall) but I've got to at least start watching what I eat and trying to do some working out at home on the days that I can't get out and run.

I need to do this. My physical AND mental health need it. I need to get out of this funk and the best medicine for me is to get outside and run and have a good old-fashioned brain dump.

No more excuses. 

5 comments:

  1. GET TO RUNNING!!!!!!

    (are you motivated yet?.. NO?)

    GET TO RUNNING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm signing up for my first half-marathon in September. I only started running regularly in august and I'm WAY out of shape, so I'm hoping I have time to get there by September.

    I'm inspired by your progress and dozens of other things that you post.

    Keep up the good work and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Amy!

    Was just wondering(sounds nicer then to say I am nosey!)...
    How do you feel now that you have stopped smoking?...easier to run?... congratulations on the 7 months, 1 week and 3 days!!!

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.