Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yet another day in the life....

For those of you who missed it on my facebook page yesterday, I went out running yesterday. I started out feeling great....and then a rogue tree root popped up out of the ground and grabbed my foot, slamming me face/boob first into the dirt.

Yeah, it wasn't pretty. After I caught my breath and brushed myself off, I figured out that I wasn't hurt *that* bad so I kept on going. I didn't push my luck and ended up only doing about 3.4 miles before I called it quits. I just really want to get ready for the 5K that I'm doing with the girls next weekend...

Anyway, I made it through the rest of the day without any major incidents, although I could feel that I was going to be sore. I went over to The Dude's house to check on him (he's been having some issues with his neck) and make sure that he was ok and did a little bit of grocery shopping. The older 3 kids spent some extra time with Ex1 for his birthday, so they didn't get home until after they were done with church last night.

About the time that they got home, the migraine hit. Holy wow. It felt like someone cut off the top of my head with a chainsaw - complete with flashing lights in my peripheral vision, dizziness, nausea...everything. So I called it quits early and went to bed - I think I might have made it until about 9:30.

I passed out pretty quickly, and then the next thing I knew, someone was beating on my window. Or at least that's what I thought was happening. With the new furniture arrangement, my futon is right beside a big window on the front of the house - and all I heard was pounding on it. It took me a few seconds to figure it out, and then I realized what it was.

Welcome to almost-spring in Kansas. Hail. Lovely hail. I went outside to watch it (because that's what we do when it's storming here) and to say a few prayers that it wouldn't total out my van (still not awake enough to realize that it wasn't big enough to do damage) and to take some pictures. It lasted maybe 5 minutes and then was gone so I went back to bed. I think I woke up a few more times before morning, but not much.

Of course, by the time that I got up, there was actually a very small layer of white stuff on the ground. It wasn't really snow - more like leftover sleet and hail from overnight, but still - I wore SHORTS for the past 2 days. Seeing white stuff on the ground just wasn't right. At all. I was not happy.

Anyway, got the kids up and dressed and fed and delivered to their appropriate schools (on time, even) and then Daniel and I came back here to really get ready for the day. We took The Dude to the doctor and then did some running around to get lunch and pick up his prescriptions before I delivered him back to his house to put himself into a much-needed-muscle-relaxer-induced-coma. I watched my friend's girls this afternoon, went and got the boys from school, the older 3 came home, we had supper, they bickered/fought/whined, and the kids went to bed.

Hopefully....I can at least get the kitchen cleaned up tonight (ugh) and sort of get things ready for tomorrow. I had hoped to do some sewing tonight, but that's not going to happen - maybe over the weekend if I'm lucky. I am going to attempt to get out and run walk tomorrow morning just to try to get into the groove for next weekend - even if I don't run at all, it'll be good for me to at least get out and get moving again. Luckily, it's only my arms and upper back that really hurt right now - most likely from catching myself as I fell. *sigh*

One of these days, I'm going to send all of the kids off somewhere for a few days....and I'm going to sleep for about 12 hours straight. Then I might get up to go to the bathroom and get some food, and I'm going back to bed. Yep. That's what I'm going to do.


  1. I hope your head feels better.

    And your idea of sending the brood off for a few days.
    I agree. You should get that ONCE in a WHILE!
    If I were closer... I'd help.
    As long as you took Emry every once in a while too...
    Hmmm we could be pen-parents... kind of like pen-pals...but we mail our CHILDREN!

    1. You might be on to something there....

      Although I'm down to only one tonight, so it seems kid-free. LOL

  2. uhhhh i'm up for this pen-parent thing too!! i have one demonbaby to ship to you, free of charge. i'll keep my boys though lol

    but seriously, i hope you feel better soon! you are such an inspiration to me, especially when days i feel totally overwhelmed. like when the kids are trying to kill each other and the dogs are shitting EVERYWHERE and the BF is making me crazy in countless lovely ways... i just breathe and say, "well, she can do it with 5.. i can do it with 3"
    corny? probably. but true xoxo

    1. Aw, you know I love you girl! You can do it!

      But I don't want the demonbaby. Sorry. You're on your own with that one. :P


I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.