buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, July 12, 2013

The past few days.

I feel like I have to play catch-up. I've kind of lost track of some things over the past few days.

I vaguely remember telling someone that I would post a picture showing what I mean when I say that I have to "mow the trees" in my yard, so here it is.



Sunrise from the parking lot at work.


Alex's procedures yesterday. They went very well. Visually, everything is fine so we just have to wait for biopsy results, which we also expect will be normal. They were just done as a routine part of the scopes. Again, I'm not going into details about what is going on with him, but generally speaking we are trying to rule some things out, which it appears that we did.



Gotta' love those post-op popsicles.
And we got some nifty pictures of his (healthy) innards.




After not eating for about 36 hours, we were hungry. He chose Spangles - and I didn't complain.



Later, we decided to go out for a bit. We grabbed something to eat for supper, stopped at the library, then headed to the pool.


Yup. Same kid who had a colonoscopy and
endoscopy 10 hours before...

He *wanted* his ears like that.


Today was a rougher day. I received news through facebook that Jared's buddy, who has been battling brain cancer since last fall, had passed away. Jared was already back at his father's house when I found out, so I let him tell him - because honestly, I couldn't. Then I found out later that he hadn't actually passed, but things were looking very bleak. Needless to say, he has been on my mind all day long.

Then The Dude and I went and met with Mortgage Lady, hoping to get some good news. My credit scores were where they needed to be to be pre-approved for a loan, and I had all of the documentation that I needed. When she pulled my official credit report, there were some issues. In the grand scheme of things, they're not major issues, but they're bad enough that it's going to be at least another month - or maybe two - until we can move on and get the pre-approval. I had gotten my hopes up, and when I left her office I felt totally deflated. Honestly, I still do.

Just some of the paperwork so far.
As horrible as today has been, I'm trying so hard to keep it all in perspective. I know that things in my own life could be so much worse than they really are but right now I'm going through one of those times when I really wish that the crap would stop piling up on top of me. Waiting on updates on Jared's friend is tearing my heart to shreds, and finding out that we're NOT as close to getting a house as I thought we were has made today one of the hardest days for me in recent history.

But, it could be worse.

One step at a time. That's all I can do.

3 comments:

  1. AND THIS TOO WILL PAST. JUST MAYBE THERE'S SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT THAT YOU'LL HAVE TO DEAL WITH SO BE CALM AND WAIT TILL ALL THINGS ARE CLEAR FOR YOU TO GO FORWARD. IT'LL HAPPEN.KEEP SAVING YOUR $$$S.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad all is looking well for Alex. At least as to what BIG thing his probs could be pointing toward. Hopefully you can find an answer..how much better to know and be able to help.
    Hopefully things will fall into place for a house-and it's ok to be bummed. There are, of course, people who have things way worse, but that's not to say it's not ok to be upset or disappointed.
    Hang in there! You never know, maybe by waiting, something better will be coming up and you'll be ready because you didn't get something prior to it (did that make sense?)
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad everything with Alex went well... And I just love the pictures from the pool.

    You think that pile of papers is huge?
    Just wait.
    I swear, after we closed on the house I had TWO LEGAL FILES STUFFED TO THE MAX... and you get like 10 copies of EVERYTHING. It's unbelievable.

    It's happening.. slowly but surely... you are getting there!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.