buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, July 1, 2013

This is what happens....

.... when I leave the boys at home with The Dude while I go to work.



By the time I got home from work 3 hours later, Daniel was tying his new shoes

All by himself.

I'm not sure who is the most proud here....Daniel for learning it, The Dude for teaching him, or me - just because he's my kid and I'm allowed to be proud of him.

Have I mentioned how incredibly wonderful The Dude is lately? Because if I haven't, this is a good time to remind everyone - including myself.

6 comments:

  1. Took a couple of tries, but we simplified the process, gave him the room to make mistakes (read lots o' knots) and boom, new skill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Come teach my kids to tie their shoes! I work full time and only see them for maybe 3 hours a day, and my husband *sigh* NEVER learned to tie his own shoes!!!! I need someone to come teach my monsters... and husband... how to tie shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Just show them the above video... The cross and pull. Make a loop and hold it, wrap the other lace around the loop, then push the middle of the other lace in the gap between the loop and the other lace, now you have 2 loops, grab them and pull!!!!!!
    Otherwise, we're talking lots of driving... and someone's gonna have to feed me, plus the whole missing the nonstop one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. His little tongue sticking out when he concentrates..... too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GRANDMA CRUSH ON THE DUDE. A KEEPER FOR SURE. DON'T TEL GRAMPS. GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.