buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July festivities

I took tons and tons of pictures and videos of the fireworks last night - both the big professional display in town and the ones that we set off with the kids. I'm going to post some of the pictures here now, and if the videos are done uploading by then I'll post them too. However, with as slow as my computer is being right now...............

Typical boys, trying to burn stuff on the ground.

We set off some of the smaller stuff that we bought, and then we headed in town for the big fireworks show. It was a decent display, and I got some video of that too, but it'll take a while to upload any of that. So here are a few pictures.






After the big show was over, we came back home to set off the rest of the stuff that we bought. We had a blast and really made a mess out of the front yard (which I still have to clean up) and actually didn't even use everything that we bought - so we'll have to find a safe place to stash the rest of it until next year.
Best fountain firework ever. Lasted at least a full minute and
only cost a couple of bucks.

Yeah, we set them off in the street in front of the house.

Lighting the Chinese lantern.

Launching the lantern. These things were sailing all
over the night sky. It was an amazing sight.

And it appears that the videos are done uploading! Woohoo!





2 comments:

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.