buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Didn't really expect that...

I was busy at work today, running my butt off while trying to do the work of 3 people (seriously - one who went home sick and one who didn't show up, plus doing my own stuff) when I got called into the back to meet with one of the managers. I was really kind of aggravated at that point, so I really didn't even care if I was getting in trouble - even though I couldn't figure out why that would happen in the 10 seconds that it took me to get back there.

Instead, quite the opposite happened. She handed me a cup of goodies and a certificate - apparently every few months they have a meeting where employees can nominate coworkers who they feel are doing a good job - and I was one of the ones who was picked for this round.

I had to pick either KU or KC Chiefs. It was the lesser of two evils.
But Jared likes KU, so he can have the cup.
Not the candy. Just the cup.
It was still a craptastically busy day, and I wanted to rip my hair out more than once during the 8 hours that I was there - but at least now I have chocolate to show for it.

2 comments:

  1. IT JUST PAYS OFF TO BE NICE. KEEP THIS UP AND THEY'LL ASK YOU TO BE A MANAGER.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.