Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A quick project

I took a little bit of time today and went in town to a quilt shop that is closing. All of the stuff in the shop was marked down 25% today, so I went to see what I could find. I managed to restrain myself and not buy any fabric, but I did go through the patterns and I found a few things that I just couldn't resist.

One of the patterns that caught my eye was for something called "Key Fob Pockets" - just a cute little pouch that can be attached to a key chain or purse or backpack, and used to carry ChapStick (my addiction) or a USB drive or other little trinkets.

It took me about an hour to make it. It wouldn't have been that long but the directions kind of sucked and I might have put it together wrong the first time and had to tear it apart and redo it....so it's crooked and a little wonky, but that always happens with the first one.

Now I have better ideas for how to make it easier and faster - and to make it look better when it's done. So now I'm all sorts of excited to make more of them. And sell them. Yup yup.

So other than my craftiness tonight, it's been kind of an 'off' day. I finally decided that I was going to take a nap go straight back to bed after taking the boys to school - and I crashed hard for a couple of hours - before the phone rang and I had to go pick up Daniel from school. He got hit by the Vomit Rocket again and had it all over him from head to toe. I got him home and cleaned up and he was fine for the rest of the day - like I knew he would be.

The usual Wednesday night chaos wasn't quite as bad as it typically is. Sarah and Jared ended up going back to Ex1's house so that his wife can take them to school in the morning - The Dude is coming here in the morning to take Alex and Daniel to school - and I am taking Emily to the orthopedic surgeon (Ex1 is meeting us there). So the morning is going to be a bit funky, but at least we figured out a way that Ex1 and I could both be at the appointment, and all of the other kids would get to school. After we are done there, he will take Emily back to school.

Tomorrow afternoon, we have to travel about 70 miles each way to get to Sarah's volleyball games - which means leaving directly from school when I pick up the boys and heading straight there. Once again I'll be packing supper in a cooler to eat in the stands at the games. I love watching the games - but not the chaos that they tend to create. We'll be lucky to get home by 10pm and then getting the kids up for school Friday morning will be a nightmare.

Thankfully, volleyball is almost over. Then we get a break for a couple of weeks before it starts all over again with basketball - but this time there will be 3 kids participating instead of just two.

I. can't. wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.