buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

One of those days...

You know it's not going to be a good day when you wake up 2 hours late...

That's right. I totally overslept this morning and didn't wake up until Ex1 called to find out why the kids weren't at school yet. I bolted out of bed, yelled for the kids to get up, and amazingly enough they actually did. They got ready while I made a bunch of toast and packed lunches at the speed of light. Within 20 minutes, they were all dressed, fed, and in the van - with only a minimal amount of arguing.

I got the older 3 to school - only 20 minutes late - and then Alex and Daniel and I came home (they didn't have school today).

On the plus side, it did start out as an absolutely gorgeous day.



Once we got home, we just hung around and I cleaned and did laundry and all of the usual fun stuff. The day ended up being horribly windy, and there were actually dust storms throughout the area. We weren't close enough to them to actually deal with the dust, but it did make for a dreary looking day.



The pictures don't really do it justice - but that's dust, not clouds or fog. It actually had this odd yellowish tint to it at times. It did finally start to clear out later in the evening hours.

I'm not quite sure what got into the kids today, but they certainly had their attitudes amped up for some reason. So, it was early to bed for the boys and a few extra things to do for the girls before they went to bed. Hopefully they all wake up in the morning in better moods. None of them have school tomorrow, but we still have to get up early because the older 3 are leaving with their stepmother in the morning to go shopping - and I'm watching a couple of extra kids for some friends in the morning too.

And as of right now, I don't really have anything planned for the weekend - and I'm going to do my best to keep it that way. I have some sewing that I want to do if I can get my machine to cooperate with me, and other than that, I'm going to attempt to do a whole lot of nothing.

We'll see how that actually works out.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the 'doing nothing' plan. At times my favorite plan! Good luck!!!
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Yeah. Well, I did't do much of anything today, but tomorrow is packed.

      I tried.

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.