buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Just a day

Started off with basketball - Sarah had a game about 30 miles from here, so I got all of the kids up and dressed and fed and loaded into the van to get up there on time. We had Sarah's friend with us (she had spent the night) and I think that helped Sarah to have the best game of the season so far. I have never seen her run so hard or take so many chances during a game before. If she got frustrated, she didn't show it. At one point, she got into a little skirmish and actually ended up airborne and landed on her back - normally that would be enough to cause her to have a meltdown and storm off of the court, but she jumped back up and kept playing. She got 2 baskets, and they ended up winning the game.





Daniel didn't feel good last night, but he seemed to be better this morning. He seemed to enjoy himself at the game, and even Alex was fairly well behaved for a change. He brought some books along and so he spent the first half of the game reading books to add to his reading log, and then actually managed to sit through most of the second half without running around acting like an idiot.

Of course, we also amused ourselves by taking silly pictures.




After the game, we had to rush back to town, drop off Sarah's friend, and then get home so that the older 3 could change their clothes and grab something to eat before their father picked them up to take them to our friend's funeral. So they were gone for several hours this afternoon and I just worked on cleaning and laundry (go figure) while Alex and Daniel played games and watched a few movies.

Daniel started feeling crappy again, so he's my sleeping partner for the night so that I can keep an eye on him. He likes to spike these random fevers without any kind of warning or even a complaint, so unless I'm right there with him, I don't always notice them right away. I'm not terribly concerned yet because I know that there are a few nasty viruses going around, but if he doesn't get better tomorrow I may look at getting him into the doctor.


Other than that, just lots of the same old stuff. I think we'll be skipping church tomorrow since Daniel isn't feeling well. So once I get the older 3 up and out of here with their father, we'll be relaxing for the day and hopefully spending some time with The Dude before getting back to the grind on Monday.

I've got another semi-serious post that's been bouncing around in my head for the past few days, but I haven't been able to focus long enough to get it written - but hopefully I'll be able to do that soon. If it comes out the way that I want it to (sometimes they don't) it'll be sort of a follow up to my post on motivation from the other day. We'll see how that works out....

3 comments:

  1. AMY, HAVE YOU HAD DANIEL TO THE DOCTORS LATELY? IT SEEMS HE'S BEEN SICK ALOT AND SLEEPS ALOT. IT COULD BE SOMETHING DEEPER. JUST WONDERING.HE'S SUCH A SWEET BOY. AT LEAST THAT'S HOW HE COMES ACROSS ON YOUR BLOG.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny, I haven't had him in lately - but he also goes to 2 preschools and lives with 4 kids who go to 3 other schools, so he's exposed to a lot of cooties. I think it seems like he's sick more often than anyone else because he's the only one out of the kids who is always here - he doesn't go away for weekends or anything like that.

    He's also been a heavy sleeper ever since he was born - he was only about a week old when he started sleeping through the night on a fairly regular basis. I have talked to the doctor about that, because it does seem like he sleeps a lot, but she hasn't been concerned about it since it's not a change from normal for him.

    He seems to be doing well right now, and actually ate lunch, so maybe he's pulling out of this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey:

    I second with Granny.
    Maybe even get your wee one on a good Vitamin Regime. Emry takes a multivitamin and Liquid Echinacea.... It helps.

    I have worked in the Health Industry for a while, my forte being Pharmacy. If you ever have any questions about supplement dosing for a wee one, just ask.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.