Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Still kicking...

No, I didn't drop off the face of the earth for the past few days. Honestly.

Instead, I was sick. Generally, when I get sick, it's the sniffly/snotty/bronchitis-y type stuff that takes a few days to rear its ugly head completely. Instead, I got slammed with THE FLU.

I should have known that something was wrong when I was so exhausted on Saturday night that I went to bed early and slept non-stop for 10 hours. 10 hours. Really? Instead of waking up feeling refreshed, and rejuvenated, I just felt.....eh. I chalked it up to sleeping too much and loaded up the kids and went to church.

After church we came home and I changed clothes and started laundry and all that typical post-church stuff. Then the headache started. Around the time I said to myself "oh wow, I think I'm getting a headache", someone slammed a sledgehammer into my head (ok, not literally, but you know what I mean). Luckily the kids could sense that I wasn't joking when I warned them that if they didn't stay quiet, I was going to sell them to the gypsies, and they managed to keep things to a dull roar while I laid on the couch, fetal position, moaning in misery.

Then the chills hit. And the hot flashes. And the aches and pains in every joint in my body. Yep, it was the flu - I went from feeling "eh" to "OMG just kill me NOW" in less than an hour. My daughters were amazing though - they kept the boys amused, made scrambled eggs for everyone for supper, and got everyone to bed at a reasonable hour while I supervised through one barely open eye from the depths of my blanket on the couch. At some point I moved from the couch to my futon where I tried to sleep. However, the hot flashes and chills made for a miserable night.

The girls made scrambled eggs for everyone again in the morning (yikes) and then I managed to get up and get moving for a while. Sadly, no matter how sick I am, I can't just take the time to lay around and sleep it off - life continues on whether I want it to or not, and if I'm going to lay around, the kids are going to burn the house down (or worse). We ran some errands and did some things that needed to be done, but by the time we got back to the house I was miserable again.

I crawled back onto the futon and thought that I'd be able to sleep it off - no such luck again. I was up and down all night - hot, then cold, then hot, then cold, couldn't get comfortable, had to pee, thirsty, etc etc etc. By the time I got up this morning, I felt somewhat better. We had a ton of errands to do again (including meeting Ex1 to get the 9 year old's ears pierced) and we picked up some pizza for supper (just because I felt better didn't mean that I wanted to cook) and we came home and relaxed.

So, now that I'm feeling better, I thought that I would get caught up here and play around a bit....the girls are crashed out on the couch and loveseat - but sure enough, just a few minutes ago I was summoned with the ever-famous "Mmooooommmmmm........I think I'm going to throw up!!!!" as my 11 year old sprinted to the bathroom. She hasn't actually done it yet, but it could prove to be a long night....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.