buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Catch up time

Yes, I know, I've been slacking again. But truth be told, there just hasn't really been anything terribly exciting going on. It's just been more of the same ol' same ol'.

This past week was spring break for the kids. OK, here goes a little bit of a rant - why on earth do school-aged kids need spring break? What's the purpose of it? Is it really necessary to give them a full week off of school? It's not that I mind having them around - really, I don't - but what I do mind is the mess that it makes of anything that might have at one point in time slightly resembled a schedule or a routine. When I was growing up, we sure as heck didn't get an entire week off of school - we might have had an extended weekend for Easter, but that was it. And we survived. Our parents didn't have to deal with finding things to do to keep us entertained for the week (isn't that what summer vacation is for??) and we weren't any worse off for it. But, whatever. That's what they do, so we deal with it.

Of course, it did involve a major shift in our schedule because Ex1 and his wife were taking the 3 older kids to Missouri for a few days, but that was no big deal. I would have liked to have spent more time with the kids, but again, we'll survive. And thankfully, everything returns to normal on Monday. My 5 year old's preschool is supposed to finally reopen after unexpectedly shutting down a month ago, so I am really looking forward to getting him back into a routine - that kid does not do well with change. And once the boys are back in playschool twice a week I can hopefully get back into my walking/jogging routine, even though the weather doesn't look fabulous for the next few days.

I have just over a month to finish getting ready for this half-marathon,and I'm starting to have doubts. The most I've been able to do at one shot so far is 7 miles - not that I don't think that I can go farther, I just haven't had time without any kids to push myself more. I need to see what I can do about making that happen, and soon. I need to plot out some more longer routes so that if I can have some more kid-free time, I can go and push myself and do it. (Note to self: do that this week, somehow.)

I've finally been able to do some more sewing. It's just been me and my 3 year old for the past few days, so I've been on a sewing frenzy, which has been nice. I'm kind of stuck on my current project right now, as the last piece isn't working *quite* the way I wanted it to. So while I'm sitting here typing and playing computer games, I'm rebuilding it in my head to see if I can figure out a way to make it work in real life the same way that it works in my head. Then I can finally get that one out of my head and make room for more ideas.

I did take the boys and go to a friend's son's birthday party this afternoon - that was an experience, considering that the 5 year old spent the majority of the time at the party in the corner. Ugh. Attitude. Have I mentioned that he *really* needs to go back to school on Monday? I did? OK.

Anyway, like I said, nothing major going on. I've been trying to catch up on stuff that got blown off during the flu days - there are still mountains of laundry that I haven't finished - but tomorrow is NASCAR day in this house, so while the race is on I will get lots of laundry folded, and it will get put away during commercials.

Now, I'm suddenly getting sleepy....maybe I should just call it a night and crash, since we have to get up somewhat early for church. Or, I'll just sit here and play stupid computer games. We'll see.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.