buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

JDRF walk and a really ugly shirt.

So today was the JDRF walk - just going to slap some pictures up of that....the kids opted not to walk, and instead hung out on the big playground with The Dude while I walked with my team.

Daniel and The Dude heading for the playground


My teammates


The mayor of Wichita


Me and the ________ - whatever he is. Wichita State University's mascot


Dave and the _______



Post-walk


Quick lunch at Subway after



*sigh* I can't take him in public.....



After lunch, we dropped The Dude back off at his friend's house and then we ran back into Wichita to pick up my race packet for tomorrow and then we came home. I performed some semi-major surgery on the vacuum to get it working again, and then did some cleaning and stuff before I ran some errands and dropped the older 2 off with their father (Emily was spending the weekend with a friend).

The Dude is staying here tonight so that he can go with me to the race tomorrow to act as photographer and kid wrangler - but right now, he is in the kitchen making us something to eat. :)


And finally....my oh-so-festive shirt for tomorrow. Man, this thing is ugly, and the picture doesn't even do the color justice. I like the gray one from last year so much better. But, it is what it is, and I will wear it with pride....or anytime I feel like looking like a pile of rotten mustard.


The race is about 9 hours away, and I'm already a bundle of nerves. I know that I didn't prepare nearly enough, but I'm going to give it my best shot and see what happens. I did it last year in 3:12:32 (I think) and I'm hoping to do it in under 3 hours this time - but I'll be happy to finish regardless.

So, keep an eye on my facebook page throughout the day for updates....and I'll post pictures after we get home!

1 comment:

  1. AGREE, NOT MY FAVORITE COLOR. LOOKS LIKE BABY POO.J/K I LIKE BLUES AND GREENS EVEN PINK.LOL
    GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RACE. I MAY RACE TO THE MAILBOX THEN EAT A PIZZA. LOL

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.