buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

We're walking, we're walking, we're walking...

So, because I just don't have anything fun or witty or deep to say tonight, I figured I'd give posting pictures a try. I was down to only one kid for most of the day today, so we went out on a little pre-half-marathon jaunt, for a grand total of 7.24 miles. I took my camera and got some random shots along the way....

He has the best vantage point on our walks. He gets to sit back, relax, suck his thumb, play with a few toys, and chatter about everything that he sees. I love to see the world through his eyes!

We got to see a tall water tower....

The Blue Sky Sculpture...

An awesome old railroad bridge over Sand Creek....


Kells, if you're reading, this one is for you... ;)


Wildlife included an attack dog....

....and lots of ducks and geese, which my son took great delight in counting!!!

And of course, the obligatory trains....

...and tracks, that are such a joy to cross with a stroller. I believe we crossed a total of 11 sets.

Our final leg was up Main St.

Our beautiful Amtrak station...

And the old Railroad Building & Loan building, which is now offices. When Ex1 and I bought our house back in 2004, our realtor's office was in this building - we signed all the paperwork sitting in the original vault, which had been converted to office space.

And some of Newton and Harvey County's finest!













So there you have it.....7.24 miles summed up in a bunch of pictures. Maybe I'll have something more brilliant to say tomorrow. But until then, I get to play the role of Vomit Wrangler Extraordinaire. Yay me!

2 comments:

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.