Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Buy one, get four free...

Yep, it's Wednesday. Wednesdays are notoriously crazy around this house. It is the first night that the older 3 come back here from their dad's house, and they are always fired up.

It started out as a fairly easy day. I got to sleep in a little bit, and I didn't have any extra kids for the day. I also didn't have to go take care of Connie today, so there was no place that I had to be. After I got the 5 year old on the bus to preschool, I decided to take the youngest and go for a walk - after all, if I am going to do this half-marathon in May, I need to really start working for it. The weather was perfect, so we loaded up the stroller and took off.

I had mapped out my route before we left and was aiming for 6.5-7 miles - I wanted to do at least half of a half-marathon. We stopped at the library to drop off some books, stopped at the post office to check the box, and kept going. 6.63 miles later, I turned off the tracker on the phone because I was getting tired and screwing up my pace, and we stopped to get lunch (I got a salad). We came home and I got a shower and cleaned all of the mud off of me (stupid melting snow) and then started getting supper ready while I cleaned up the house.

In the meantime, I got a call from Social Security about my youngest son's benefits that he'll be receiving from his father - luckily that phone call went very smoothly, thanks to my ex-husband's first wife getting the ball rolling for both of us. The same worker is handling both of the boys' cases so she already had a lot of the information that she needed. I am so very thankful to her for giving me the name of the lady that she had spoken with as it made things so much easier.

The older 3 got home around 5:30 and we had about an hour to eat before they had to leave again to go to church with their father and stepmother. They ate (well, 2 out of the 3 did - the third refused because "it was gross") and played out in the front yard with the football until it was time for them to leave. There was some I Can't Find My Shoes and I'm Still Hungry drama, but no more than usual. After they left, I made the 2 younger ones clean up the toys in the living room under the Don't Make Me Get A Trash Bag And Clean Up The Toys Myself threat.

The younger 2 will be going to bed very shortly - early for them - so that I can finish cleaning up the dinner dishes and do some more laundry in addition to the load that I already had to do because the 5 year old's version of playing football was actually more like throwing himself into a mud puddle and rolling around...*sigh*. Then the older 3 will get home, get ready for bed, and go to bed while I continue to clean and do dishes and do laundry and try to do the reading that I have to do to get my daycare license back.

And of course, my body is feeling every inch of the 6.63 miles that I walked today. I've said it before and I'll say it again - ibuprofen is my friend. Hopefully I can walk in the morning, since I have to be up and running at 5:15am to get everyone up and ready so that I can get the older 3 to school on time. Please let me remember to set both of my alarms AND the timer on the coffee pot - I'm going to need all of the help that I can get in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. I feel for ya. Just take it easy on the Ibuprofen though. Kidney and liver damage is becoming more and more common for ibuprofen users.


I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.