buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A year of love...and bizarre connections

One year ago today I took a step that I swore that I would never take again.

I finally admitted that I was in love with The Dude - and I told him.

It was kind of funny how it came about. A dear friend of mine needed a ride to the airport in the wee hours of the morning. She came here and spent the night, and we got maybe an hour of sleep before we had to get up and hit the road for the 3 hour drive. The Dude spent the night as well so that he could take Alex to school for me that morning, and he was still (half)asleep when we were getting ready to leave. I was honestly worried about having an accident because I had gotten so little sleep and had 6 hours of driving ahead of me, and I figured that if I was going to die in a fiery crash, then by God he was going to know how I felt about him. (Yes, that is seriously the thought that went through my head at the time.)

Before she and I walked out the door, I walked back over to the bed, sat down on the edge of it, gave him a quick kiss and told him that I loved him. And yes, he said it back to me. :)

Needless to say, I made it back alive - and incredibly happy. We've made it through great times and bad, but somehow we always manage to do it together and we haven't strangled each other - yet. I'm still not sure how he puts up with my crap on a daily basis, but he does and I am forever grateful for that.

Dreaming of hot days out at the lake.....
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, here's where the story gets kind of funny. The friend who needed a ride to the airport - well, she has a facebook page and a blog and they can be found here. We have another friend who - surprise - has a page and a blog and they can be found here. The three of us have been friends for almost 9 years now, and we've also had our shares of ups and downs - but we'll always be friends no matter what. Plus we have this really bizarre connection - 1st Time Mama and I share our "non-anniversary" - we each married our first husbands on August 14, 1999 - long before we knew each other. August 14 also happens to be Ordinary Girl's birthday.

Plus, today is 1st Time Mama's birthday AND it's the anniversary of the day that I admitted that I love The Dude.

There are other eerie similarities and connections between the three of us, but I'll leave the rest of it up to your imaginations!

So, go and visit their pages and make sure that you wish 1st Time Mama a very happy birthday too - she's on a road trip at the moment so I'm not sure how often she's checking in, but it would be cool for her to find lots of birthday wishes on her page!

4 comments:

  1. Easily one of the best days of my life, even if I was walking dead tired.
    Not a day goes by that I don't wonder how it is that I got so lucky to have you in my world and I do my best to make sure you know every day that I love you deeply.
    Even if we're both a few fries short!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have a friend like that too! Her and I have known one another since I was 13, but we never met till I was 21. The funny thing is that her husband and mine have the same personality. The wedding dress she picked out(after I got married) was the same one I planned to wear in my wedding. I didn't because our wedding ended up rushed, but it was the very same. Her original wedding date was the same as the one my MAN and I picked out also. Its funny looking back on things, because her and I have always had similar tastes also. It just goes to show you that you don't have to see a person all the time for them to be a friend/family member!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome as always my dear!! I remember that trip, We were so freakin tired. Course who was on the phone the day I met D? Yup, you - I was like whoa, I got to be there for the ILY bomb?!?! Sweet!

    Who knew an "ax murderer and the person who was going to help tie 1TM up in the basement" would end up becoming a foundation stone for one another. LOL. Yeah, ask NSM about that one....I'm not telling ;)

    Some of the dearest moments in my memory that I take out when I am feeling low are times spent with you guys, Kansastock, bandanas, power tools and red bull and things not fit for delicate ears ;) lol.

    I cannot believe it has been nearly 9 years - how it has flown. We have stood by one another through so many ups and downs, heartaches and joys. Time get rough, tempers get short but love is who has your back at the end of the long hard haul. <3 ya

    Ordinary Girl ~ (Hell On Wheels)yup known also as PMP - I know it confuses me too :p ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. =)

    This is a lovely post.

    Made me smile.. Big Time!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.