buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

The latest 5K results

I did this one kind of on the spur-of-the-moment. But it was a blast! The Dude and Daniel were there with me, rooting me on as they always do....

Gotta' love those blue lollipops.

It was a small race - first year for it.

There I go - see the #10 jersey?

About halfway through...

I wasn't dying yet....close though.

Coming up to the finish line.
 Unfortunately, the picture of me actually crossing the finish line didn't come out thanks to my phone being stupid....

Done - and trying not to puke.

A congratulatory hug from one of my
favorite guys!

I even got a kiss from him!
So, how did I do?

Well, it wasn't bad. I really liked the course, except that they didn't close all of the streets and so there was actually some traffic - but that really wasn't a major problem. The weather was perfect.

My best time for a 5K so far was 39:04. I was hoping to beat that, but I didn't. I finished in 41:29.27 - so I missed my best time by about 2 1/2 minutes. Disappointed? A little. But really, I haven't done much to prepare, so I'm ok with it. It just gives me something to shoot for when I do the next one.

Sunset on the way home.

Chilling out before bedtime.
So now, The Dude and I are hanging out and relaxing. It's been (what seems like) forever since we've had any time together because he's been sick, so it's been nice to just hang out and do nothing.....

....although there might have been a bottle of wine involved already. Thank you, spell check. :)

6 comments:

  1. You may not have beaten your best time, but I assure you, you have beaten my best time... considering I don't run. Ever. ;)

    Glad to see you finally get to spend some time with Dude. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a lot of fun, although I definitely did pay for it the next day!

      Delete
  2. A good run, a glass of wine and boy with a blue face... looks like it was a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a wonderful day!

      And don't tell anymore, but it was more than *a* glass! ;)

      Delete
  3. I'M FAVORITE PICTURE IS THE DUDE AND DANIEL.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I kind of like the pictures of them together, too!

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.